As influencer marketing becomes a larger part of your integrated marketing mix, it’s critical to pick a platform that can easily connect to any other software that your cross-functional teams use. This can include a variety of other marketing platforms, as well as sales, business intelligence (BI) software, or project management tools.
Download the Complete, 13 Part Guide & Workbook
RESTful API and Relevant Integrations
Flexibility and options are key when evaluating a platform’s API connections. RESTful API offers greater flexibility and is generally considered more secure than simple (or SOAP) APIs.
Create a checklist of the software your company uses to make sure the platform you’re considering has the relevant integrations for your needs. Consider robust APIs with social media platforms to Business Intelligence software like Tableau, Google Analytics, CRMs like Salesforce, social CRMs, but also collaboration and project management tools, eCommerce and affiliate platforms.
Data and Security
The transfer of data between connected platforms can come with some risk and security needs to be at the forefront of the APIs and integrations that a platform offers. Ask for transparency in the prioritization of data security to ensure that your proprietary data and information are safe.
With so many variables to consider, it’s helpful to create a checklist of the API features you need within an influencer marketing platform. For inspiration, download the CreatorIQ checklist template here.
A robust API will offer the opportunity to grow your influencer marketing strategies as you integrate them deeper into your marketing mix. A smart influencer marketing platform will seamlessly connect to all of the software that your team uses, while protecting your data--no matter the size of your database and transfers.
Accurate measurement and campaign management become cumbersome without capable APIs and integrations. Prioritize these features to avoid issues down the road.
This concludes our series on selecting the best influencer marketing platform for your enterprise. To get the complete series in one place, with workbooks and extra tips, download our Guide & Workbook for Selecting an Enterprise Influencer Marketing Platform.
For more in-depth tips, be sure to catch up on the rest of our 13-part blog series with the directory below.
Selecting an Enterprise Marketing Platform
13 Part Blog Series
- The 5 Typical Stages When Evaluating an Influencer Marketing Platform
- Thinking about Your Long-term Influencer Marketing Strategy
- The Importance of Industry Reviews & Rankings When Selecting the Best Influencer Marketing Platform
- How to Judge Influencer Marketing Platform Maturity Related to Customization, Security, and Advanced Admin Controls
- Why Marketers Should Prioritize Influencer Marketing Platforms with Advanced Data Science Solutions
- How to Make Sense of The Services That Different Influencer Marketing Platforms Provide
- How to Choose an Influencer Marketing Platform with The Best Creator Search Solution
- Why An Influencer Marketing Platform Should Have Solutions that Automate the Vetting of Influencers
- How to Evaluate Influencer Marketing Platforms’ Collaboration and Approval Solutions
- Why Advanced Campaign Management Capabilities Should Be Integral to Your Prospective Influencer Marketing Platforms’ Solution Set
- How Influencer Marketers Can Evaluate Measurement, First-party Data, and Reporting Solutions When Considering an Influencer Marketing Platform
- Why a Robust & Customizable CRM is a Crucial Influencer Marketing Platform Solution to Scale Your Influencer Marketing Strategy
- When Deciding on an Influencer Marketing Platform, Evaluate its Integrations & APIs